Monday, November 16, 2009

promised land and hope....

so, this really isn't my usual post, but i have to write this down.
In Sunday school we're learning about the Isrealites and their unfaithfulness toward God even when he is ALWAYS Faithful!!!!
when reading i found it interesting that they are kept from THEIR promised land, for good reason. and it hit me...what is keeping me from my promised land. every day i'm going to try and break through one thing thats keeping me from my promised land, my abundant life, my JOY, my fullness of spirit, my "truth", because if i can overcome and have greater faith in HIM i will reach my promised land. i can be like Joshua and Caleb who recieved the prize. we all can. as i search to find what is keeping me from that Promised Land i know that it is clearly SIN. getting rid of the little things that "so easily entangle" us and running toward HIM, my PRIZE, my PROMISED LAND, will find all thatis missing in this mundane world. I do love life, but lately we've (ryan and i) been feeling like somethings missing. we need MORE, not materially - but spiritually. a hunger and a thirst for HIM.
the hope that we found in studying the isrealites was that even though they didn't enter the promised land, and maybe i "never" will, but their children did. and isn't that what we want? essentially all i now want in life (since having caedmon) is that he has a better life that I did...and mine has been pretty darn good :)
i desire that he reaches his promised land, and with the decisions i made i can teach him more so that he also overcomes and reaches the promises that God has for him.


ok, so i'm not the best writer, but i had to release that. i know that i have a desire to reach God's will fully for me and see what he has more me in a new way each day. I only want the same for my son.

God bless you all and give you HOPE for his promised land awaits!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I needed that! Oh, and you write JUST FINE!!!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete