Tuesday, June 8, 2010

just about you - baby!

22 weeks pregnant this week.
here is a pic of me with Gracie Mae ( 3 months 2 weeks old), my friend Laurel's 2nd child. She is precious and makes me think about my no. 2 coming soon.

so, i am constantly fighting the "second child syndrome" of having less pictures, less notes, less special moments with my second child than my first. the pregnancy is already so much teh same, that is doesn't seem like it's "different" or "ultra special" but YES! this is HUGE! i get to be pregnant and give birth to a CHILD...some one God has entrusted me to raise and teach and love. so, man...no second child syndrome here. this baby is going to be just as loved and spoiled and photographed and talked about...

lately with my baby:
everyone is saying, "wow, you've popped" and i guess i have. i don't have daily pics of this progress but i do have weekly ones and i am totally excited about seeing how baby reveley has changed.

this child LOVES food. every time i eat, its immmmmmediatly reacting with jumps and bumps.

this child is coming at God's perfect time. i have submitted to that and have decided to take all control out of the situation, just like i did the first time. it is tempting to ask to be induced or have them "check" me at 37 weeks on, but NO! i have decided that i am going to ask to be "left alone" until the time comes and see what happens. i was very tempted to try other things because my family will be here the week before the baby is due, but i will just wait and see what Godhas planned.

I was worried that this baby would come in the middle of the school year and throw everything off and i would "let everyone down" because i am having a baby. but it is not that at all. i am bringing a blessing to my life, our life, and all our firend's lives. plus, who knows what joy this child will bring the people around it. i don't want to worry about how it'll effect "work" but how GREATLY it will impact others and the time i take raising this child in the first few weeks is not worth pushing it and returning to work early. this is one time i can be selfish in taking my time with my child and I AM DETERMINED TO.

boy or girl, i DON't care. surprisingly i don't care at all. i am just excited for a baby. i do hope it's cuddly this time, unlike my firstborn! hahah, but i am so happy with either there are so many reasons i would want a brother for caedmon and so many i would want a sister. so, i am extremely excited to be surprised on the day he/she comes to join our family.

tired. yes, i'm still extremely tired. can't forget that. hoping by baby 3 i will not have time to think about being tired.

yes, we want more kids than just 2. another story for another time.

i am so ready to just hold and love this child and even to breastfeed and cuddle and heck - even change diapers again.

:)

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this post. :) I really didn't think I wanted another baby until about 3 months before I got pregnant. Even then, I was like, "I probably will have another one so I better start trying." Now, I'm so excited. I'm so glad God blessed me with the opportunity to do it all again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Allie. Your new babe is super lucky to be entering such a fun family. The work part stood out to me. I had Amelia at a terrible time, right after Christmas break, and as a teacher, I was mortified to leave my classroom in the middle of research paper work, etc. I was going back right at six weeks, and had it all planned out. However, my boss convinced me to stay out nine and just enjoy time with Amelia and you know what? The school survived haha. So, don't sweat it. Oh, and is Caed sleeping better?

    ReplyDelete